The School of HRIM is a leader in producing professionals for the hospitality industry forming better trained graduates prepared for leadership roles in the global arena.
The School of HRIM commits itself to producing better trained graduates. We set high standards in performance of our students and faculty providing high quality of instruction supplemented by trainings and exposure.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL OF HOTEL, RESTAURANT AND INSTITUTION MANAGEMENT
The School of Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management is committed to achieve the following objectives:
- To produce world-class hospitality leaders and professionals who can respond to the needs of the hospitality industry, both in domestic and international arenas.
- To provide quality classroom instruction supplemented with seminars, workshops and experiences that will maximize the quality of the curriculum.
- To immerse HRM faculty members in current hospitality trends through seminars, workshops international training and affiliations.
II. PROGRAM & LINKAGES
BS in Hospitality Management
Bachelor of Science in Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management program integrates theory and practice to provide students with a strong management and service orientation as well as a global perspective of hotel and restaurant operations.
Students may choose from among the following fields of specialization:
1. Culinary Arts – This specialization aims to arouse students’ enthusiasm for food and its preparation. Students will be acquainted to the array of ingredients and to the art food preparation by working in a professional kitchen equipped with avante-gard utensils, cutlery, and cooking facilities. Students will also be taught the basic skills in butchery and fish-mongery. In this are, they will discover international cuisine. Similar areas such as financial management, entrepreneurship, franchising, and SME management are also integrated in this specialization.
2. Hospitality – This area focuses on hospitality services of lodging and dining. This area teaches students to maintain impeccable standards in managing and operating hotels and restaurants. Students will be taught about sustaining excellent customer relations. This specialization covers the entrepreneurial and management aspects of operating hotels and restaurants.
3. Tourism – This specialization aims to orient students to the trends in the tourism industry. Catering to travel needs of different parts of the globe will be studied here. Strategies in maintaining quality tourism service is also and important part of this area. Students are also taught personality development and a foreign language. Management courses are also integrated in this specialization.
III.ADMISSION AND RETENTION POLICY
The School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institution Management follows the general institutional admission and retention policy.
IV. SHRIM LABORATORY
DMC’s School of Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management (HRIM) has some of the most modern laboratory facilities in the region.
It has state-of-the-art hot and cold kitchen laboratories which simulates an actual industrial food service setup. These kitchens are used by the students for their culinary courses.
The School of HRIM also houses a well-stocked bartending laboratory where students practice their bartending skills.
Students practice their hotel operations skills in a mock hotel suite which features all of the facilities and amenities found in a luxury hotel suite and in the Front Office laboratory where they are acquainted with the functions of the front office which acts as the nerve center in a hotel.